Welcome to Darling Ridge

“Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.” – Dalai Lama

This is a knowledge business, never more productive than in collaboration. With over ten years in the IT game, I have seen a multitude of approaches, new ideas, and learned from some of the best. Now, I am taking the mantel, and launching my own platform to put that knowledge back out into the world. Some of my blogs will come from my work with Forsythes Technology, while others will be things I pick up along the way; I have a tonne of ideas to share with you, and I am excited to get started!

The View from the Top

My approach to any problem is process based, to get a bird’s eye view and clearly establish all the steps to solve the problem, from first to last. I have taken this same approach to my blogs, breaking down each topic I present so each of my readers – no matter if they are my peers, or just IT enthusiasts – can follow my solutions, and get the maximum benefit from them. As you read my blogs, if you have any suggestions on how I can improve my delivery, please get in touch.

Innovation & Evolution

In this industry, we move fast, never standing still, constantly riding a wave of progress. Much of my job involves research on new products or methods, adaptation to clients’ needs, and future-proofing our solutions as much as possible. Much like the industry I am part of, IT problems evolve quickly, and so will the solutions I propose, updated over time to keep my readers abreast. In the meantime, if you find a new solution for an existing problem, please let me know through the comments or a message.

The Perks of Power

And lastly, this wouldn’t truly be my blog without some quirky asides (Yes, I know turning it off and back on again solves 90% of IT problems! No, I don’t think someone is punking the industry! I’m here for the other 10%) and comedic interludes, sprinkled in with my words of wisdom. Much like one of my favourite tv shows QI, I hope we can all have a laugh here, while learning things that are at times weird, at times wonderful, and always true.

So let’s get to work!

JB

 

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.

Don’t forget to Subscribe to my RSS feed or Follow me on Twitter!

4 Replies to “Welcome to Darling Ridge”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *